Monday, September 20, 2010

Videos demonstrating good contrast

So, when I was looking for a video or an animation, I thought about looking up some kind of shadow theatre video. The use of only white and black, the light and the shadow against the light, creates a very good contrast and a bright picture. This is the first video:


As I was looking for more videos, I came across videos by a dance theater called Pilobolus. They use shadows of their bodies to create images on a light screen. Probably some of you know about them, but I have never heard of or seen them before. They are pretty amazing!

This is a video from their performance at Late Night show with Conan O'Brien (i love the dog in the video it just made me smile :)


here's a Hyundai commercial. this is an incredible way of art!


and another one from them:


2 comments:

  1. How did you get an active hyperlink in that last entry??

    ReplyDelete
  2. on YouTube there is usually an option "embed". It's under the video on the right. When you click it, it gives you a code that you post on your blog and it appears as video.

    ReplyDelete