Monday, December 13, 2010

Self evaluation

I feel like this course has been really helpful. I have learned a lot of techniques and approaches, that I can now apply in my personal art. I particularly enjoyed ink wash, collage and working on toned paper. I have been trying my best to do all work on time and do it well. I believe I have greatly progressed with drawing people's faces, and in overcoming my fear about drawing people in general :) I'm glad we had so many portrait assignments!

Another thing I learned in this class is better analyzing and critiquing people's and my own work. Know what to look for, know what to say and explain why something works and something doesn't. I'm still not good at talking at critiques, most of the time because I really don't know what to say, but I think I'm getting better.

Drawing still life got boring at times, but this class was still my favorite! I will miss the company and the atmosphere of it.

And Jason, I'm really thankful for having you as a teacher. Thank you for keeping the class interesting and sharing with us your work and your music :) and also, just genuinely caring that we learn something in this class and progress in our skills and understanding of new methods and approaches. I have learned a lot from you.

Have a good break, everyone! :)




No comments:

Post a Comment